It’s time again for Blind Foundation members to start thinking about the Board Elections. This is a pivotal opportunity for members to have a say in who leads the organisation forward for the next three years. As a full or governing member of the Blind Foundation, you are able to vote in our annual Board Elections to elect our Board of Directors.
Voting Pack Information
Voting Packs will be sent to all voting members in their preferred formats on 5 October 2017. The voting pack includes:
- A cover letter;
- A letter from the Board Chair, Rick Hoskin, and information on expectations of Board directors of the Blind Foundation;
- Instructions on how to vote in either print, braille, via the telephone information service (TIS), via telephone dictation voting and, new for 2017, via online voting;
- Information on each candidate standing in the election;
- The notice of the 2017 AGM;
- A proxy form for those who wish to nominate a proxy to vote on resolutions to be put to members at the AGM; and
- A freepost envelope to mail back voting forms/cards and/or proxy form.
Audio Interviews with Candidates
In addition, this year’s interviews with each of the 2017 candidates will be available on the Telephone Information Services (TIS) or on CD. The TIS menu option will be confirmed closer to the time.
Damaged Voting Forms
If you should spoil or damage your voting forms, braille voting cards or return envelope, please contact the National Contact Centre on 0800 24 33 33 and replacements will be sent to you.
If you have any questions about the election process or how to vote, please phone National Contact Centre on 0800 24 33 33.
Please consider all the information careful and please do cast your votes in the election of Directors.
Annual General Meeting and Special Meeting of Members
Please visit the AGM and Special Meeting of Members event page for more information about these meetings, which will be held on 11th November in Hamilton.