PenFriend 2 audio labeller
The RNIB PenFriend audio labeller is simple and easy-to-use. You can record, re-record and playback information in your own voice for a wide range of items in and around the home, at school and work.
PenFriend can be used to label food/freezer items, film/music collections, household objects. Organise letters and other paperwork. Record shopping lists or leave audio messages, or use it as a portable note-taker at the office or classroom simply record your message and keep track of it by placing the allocated label in a small notebook as Sharon shows us in the video below.
To use, simply allocate one of the coded self-adhesive labels, record and store your message on the PenFriend 2. To play back a recording, make sure that the PenFriend 2 is in the default Recording mode (red light). Touch any label with recordings–you will hear it played back. There is no limit to the length of each message. Auto power-off after 3 mins.
Use the backup features on your computer to save your recordings. See manual for more info.
- Upgraded design with four easy to use yellow tactile operating buttons that contrast against black casing
- Record your voice onto self-adhesive labels; Mark household items with unique voice labels
- Simple on/off function for recording prevents you from having to hold the record button down when recording
- The PenFriend 2 is a self-contained system: no computer required
- 4GB of internal memory- up to 125 hours of recording,
- Penfriend comes with 127 coloured recordable labels, 3 magnetic badges (great for using on tins), a neck lanyard and 2 AAA batteries.
- 4 simple yellow tactile operating buttons that contrast against the black casing of the device. Designed to make it easier for the blind or visually impaired user to locate and use.
You can hear a sample of what the PenFriend sounds like below.
In the below video Sharon shows us some ways the PenFriend can be used.