Applications are now invited for the Blind Foundation’s Pre-Employment Programme 2017!
The Programme will happen in Auckland from 27 August to 5 September 2017.
This is a comprehensive 10 day residential programme aimed at fast tracking job seekers towards work readiness. If you are keen and motivated to work but not sure where to start, or need some guidance to build your skills and confidence for the job search, then the FastTrack programme could be for you.
The programme will include:
- Self-awareness activities including skill identification, values and personality
- Exploration of career options and resources
- Exploring labour market realities and the future of work
- Identifying suitable jobs and the tools to do them
- Adaptive technology options in the workplace
- Job search tools and resources
- Communication skills and presentation
- How and when to disclose disability information during the job search process
- Developing a great CV and writing cover letters
- Practicing interview techniques
- Meeting, sharing and learning with other job seekers
- Opportunities to meet and learn from the experiences of other people in employment who are blind or have low vision
- Develop a plan towards employment
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the programme:
- Over 18
- Be registered with the Blind Foundation Employment Service
- Be prepared to complete pre-programme assignments with the support of your EC leading up to the programme
- Be prepared to commit for the full 10 day programme
- Be open to new ideas and prepared to commit their time and effort to participating in the programme and their ongoing job search
Please send your completed application to sJefferies@blindfoundation.org.nz. Contact Sharon Jefferies on 07 838 7516 for more information.
Travel, accommodation and food will be provided at no charge to participants.
We look forward to receiving your application by Friday 26th May 2017.