Become a library member and gain access to our collections and services. Membership is free. We offer several membership types, catering to different groups:
- Adult membership: Registered Blind Foundation clients (over 18 years of age) are eligible for adult membership. Adult membership offers access to all Library services.
- Youth membership: Registered Blind Foundation clients (under 18 years of age) or those enrolled with a BLENNZ visual or sensory resource centre are eligible for youth membership. Youth membership offers access to Youth Library services. Note that BLENNZ-enrolled students who are not Blind Foundation clients are not eligible to apply for equipment on long-term loan.
- Associate membership: New Zealanders (citizens and residents) with a print disability are eligible for associate membership. Associate membership offers access to BookLink only (our lending and reading app).
Conditions of access
To access Library services we request you read and agree to the Blind Foundation’s conditions of access and understand the copyright obligations. Please note these conditions are to fulfil our legal requirements and so our legal name is used rather than our Blind Foundation trading name in the following terms and conditions of service.
Conditions of Access and Copyright Obligations
The books and other works in the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (RNZFB) Library collection are protected by copyright. The RNZFB has the following policy regarding copyright.
To provide access to a selection of books and other published works, the RNZFB makes available copies of these works in a range of accessible formats. The RNZFB is permitted by the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994 to make these copies. The permission provided by the Copyright Act 1994 is only for persons with a print disability and therefore only New Zealanders who are blind, print-disabled or have low vision are permitted to access the RNZFB Library’s collection.
As a borrower, it is your responsibility to ensure that any books or other works that you borrow from the RNZFB Library are not made available to any other individual or organisation. Actions that are not permitted include, but are not limited to:
- Lending RNZFB Library items to another person.
- Copying and sending items to another person.
- Copying to another person’s computer or electronic device.
- Emailing to another person.
- Uploading to the internet.
To respect the rights of copyright owners and protect the RNZFB Library service for other borrowers, the RNZFB reserves the right to refuse access to its collection for any individual or organisation that makes RNZFB works available to another person or organisation.
The intent of this policy is to ensure that the rights of copyright owners are respected and that the RNZFB Library service is not jeopardised for blind, low vision or print-disabled New Zealanders.
Call us on 0800 24 33 33 or complete our online Join the library form.