The Blind Foundation is working with a professional marketing organisation to visit members of the public at their homes to give them the opportunity to become Red Puppy Sponsors.
Why are we doing this?
It takes more than two years to breed and train a Blind Foundation guide dog, and so the regular support of Red Puppy Sponsors is essential to support these amazing wee puppies through their training. Face to face fundraising enables us to talk to thousands of New Zealanders about guide dogs and the difference these puppies will one day make for Kiwis who are blind or have low vision.
The Blind Foundation is a member of the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA). The PFRA works with charities to ensure quality, integrity and transparency in face to face fundraising by creating an atmosphere of public confidence and regulatory satisfaction.
How do I identify Blind Foundation fundraisers?
Legitimate Blind Foundation face to face fundraisers will:
- be wearing an official red vest (pictured) displaying the Blind Foundation Guide Dogs logo
- be displaying an identification badge with their name, photo and identification number
- never ask for or accept a cash donation
- be carrying up-to-date Blind Foundation Guide Dogs literature and an iPad
Why are the fundraisers using iPads?
We are constantly looking at ways to reduce costs and to improve the performance of our fundraising efforts. Using iPads lowers the cost of administration; eliminates errors that could mean we can’t process your donation or contact you about it, and it is extremely secure. For example, personal information and donation details (e.g. credit card details) are instantly encrypted using bank-grade encryption.
Where is this taking place?
From Monday 19th June to Saturday 24th June our fundraisers will be calling from 12 noon until 7:30pm in the following areas.
- View Auckland suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Auckland
- View Palmerston North suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Palmerston North
- View Wellington suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Wellington
- View Christchurch suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Christchurch
- View Timaru suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Timaru
- View Dunedin suburbs our fundraisers will be visiting
- View the names of our fundraisers working in Dunedin
Te Atatu Peninsula
Hayden Te Wini
North New Brighton