Sunday 28 October 2018
Be a Charity Hero and fundraise to breed and train life-changing guide dogs for Kiwis who are blind or have low vision.
No matter if you’re a seasoned runner, or just about to start your fitness journey, we’d love to have you as part of Team Guide Dogs! There’s a distance to suit everyone: full marathon, half marathon, 12K Traverse, 5km, and Kids’ Marathon (2.2km).
Best of all, we have 30 places to give away to our Charity Heroes! Charity Heroes will receive:
- Free entry into the race of their choice
- An exclusive invite to our Guide Dog Centre where you’ll have the opportunity to meet some of the adorable puppies you’ll be helping
- A guide dogs running shirt or singlet to show your support while training and on race day
- Expert fundraising advice and support
- Your own online fundraising page
- A Charity Hero medal with guide dogs logo as a lasting reminder
- A place to eat, drink and relax with the team and your supporters at our finishers tent – and a massage from our team physio
To become a Charity Hero for Team Guide Dogs, all you have to do is pledge to raise at least $1,500. Our team will be on hand to provide support and lots of great ideas. You may be surprised how quickly you reach your goal!
To apply to become a Team Guide Dogs Charity Hero, please complete this simple registration form.
Nicola, half-marathon, 2017:
“I ran because I’ve seen first-hand the freedom having a guide dog gives someone. The shift in confidence is incredible.”
Ineke, half-marathon, 2016:
“Being surrounded by people who live a life without limits every day inspired me to stretch my personal comfort zone and take on a huge challenge for 2016”
Ocean, half-marathon, 2017:
“While fundraising I met people from all walks of life, all interested in my journey. It was a big challenge, but I enjoyed every minute of it”
Marvel, guide dog mascot in training, 12K, 2016:
“Woof! I ran to help fellow puppies through training. It’s tough work becoming a guide dog!”
If you’re not sure you can raise $1,500 but would still like to join the team, get in touch and we can help you with fundraising and training ideas, and set a target that’s achievable for you. We’d love to hear from you.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on 0800 120 254