The Auckland Marathon is back for another year, with distances to suit all fitness levels; full marathon, half marathon, 12K Traverse, 5km Challenge and the Kids Marathon.
By joining Team Guide Dogs you will be supporting the breeding and training of future guide dogs and helping fellow New Zealanders live their life without limits.
It takes two years of specialist training and care for puppies to become guide dogs. With a twelve-month waiting list, the need for guide dogs is growing.
Be a hero for Team Guide Dogs!
We have a limited number of free entries to give out to our charity heroes. You can run or walk any distance, but in return we ask you pledge to raise a minimum of $1500 for guide dogs.
Our charity heroes will receive:
- An exclusive invite to our guide dog centre in Auckland, where you will get to meet other runners and some of the puppies you will be raising money for.
- A training guide for your chosen distance
- Branded Team Guide Dogs singlet and training t-shirt
- Expert fundraising advice
- A charity-runner medal
- An invite to join us in our team tent at the finish line for refreshments and a sports massage from our team physio. Plus you will get a chance to meet some guide dog puppies in training
- A guide dog soft-toy
- Prizes and other incentives throughout your journey
To apply to become a Team Guide Dogs charity hero, please complete this simple application form and tell us why you want to join our team.
If you don’t think you can raise $1500 but would still like to join the team, get in touch and we can help you with fundraising and training ideas, and set a target that is achievable for you.
Please email us on email@example.com
Your support will transform lives, join Team guide Dogs today!