Whanganui River Journey
We are very excited to be running a special and unique Whanganui river journey this year in October. This journey will be an adventure down the Whanganui river over 4 days, we will have long days of paddling on the river, take part in Marae style sleeping, sharing of meal preparation, working together as a team, taking in the surroundings unique to this river and immersing ourselves in the rich cultural history of the river.
Who should attend?
The programme is open to clients who are 18 years and older who are interested in an extra ordinary journey that seeks to develop individuals, build strong relationships within the group, ignite interest in the rich cultural history of the Whanganui river and develop leadership skills.
You must be:
- Willing to be challenged and pushed outside your comfort zone.
- You will be an active team member in the group, participating fully.
- Fit enough to paddle some long days on the river.
- Have good adaptive daily living, orientation and mobility skills.
Be part of a community, this includes communal sleeping, communal meal preparation and eating.
What we hope you will gain from the programme:
- Personal development and self confidence
- Working collaboratively as a part of group
- Increasing your knowledge and understand of Tikanga Maori
- Growing Peer Support relationships
- Chance to learn new life skills to then give back to your community
When and where?
The four day programme will be held in Whanganui, with Ki Tai – Whanganui River Tours, who have a long established relationship with the Blind Foundation.
Cost is $250 (this event is subsidized by the Blind Foundation)
Please contact Richard if cost would be a barrier to participation.
Interested? Know someone who is?
For further information please contact Richard West by telephoning 027 8083752, or by e-mailing email@example.com
Applications close September 15th 2017