Upcoming events July to August 2016
Blind Football is coming to New Zealand. If you’re in Auckland come and find out all about this great sport and have a go.
Join a group of Blind Foundation young adults to build leadership qualities and get involved in the Blind Foundation Community.
BookLink training sessions
The Blind Foundation will be running training sessions around Auckland for BookLink users. The sessions are broken down in three types:
- #1 Introduction to Apple and BookLink.
- #2 BookLink Basics.
- #3 BookLink Beyond the basics.
They are designed to meet the needs of people at various stages of confidence and ability with Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod and BookLink. You may decide to come to just one of the numbered sessions. Or, you may want to work your way through all of them, step by step. You may even find you want to come to the same session more than once, which is possible.
#1 Introduction to Apple and BookLink
Suitable for: People who are interested in BookLink and are totally new to Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod. You are welcome to bring a support person with you.
Sessions for #1 Introduction to Apple and BookLink
- Thursday 21 July – South Auckland
- Friday 22 July, Auckland Central
- Friday 29 July, Auckland Central
- Friday 5 August, Auckland Central
- Friday 12 August, Auckland Central
- Friday 26 August, Auckland Central
#2 BookLink basics
Suitable for: New BookLink users and people thinking about registering for BookLink who have some experience with Apple iPad/iPod/iPhone.
Sessions for #2 BookLink basics
- Friday 22 July – Auckland Central
- Thursday 28 July – South Auckland
- Friday 29 July – Auckland Central
- Thursday 4 August – South Auckland
- Friday 5 August – Auckland Central
- Friday 12 August – Auckland Central
- Friday 26 August – Auckland Central
#3 BookLink Beyond the basics
Suitable for: Existing BookLink users who are confident with Apple accessibility and BookLink’s basic features and are interested in the advanced features.