Tandem Rimutaka ‘Have a Go’ Day
If you have your own Tandem and pilot rider, please bring both. A limited number of Blind Foundation tandems and volunteer pilots will be available. The plan is to meet at the carpark at the Kaitoke end of the Rail Trail at 9.30am. After introductions and briefing to cycle from the Kaitoke gate to the summit which is a gentle climb of 10 km. There will be time for rest and drink stops. After lunch at the summit we will explore the Siberia Tunnel before the gentle descent down to the carpark by 4.30pm.
- Helmet and gloves, shoes suitable for cycling
- Suitable clothes for cycling, Long sleeve top for their first layer (cotton is not recommended)
- Sun protection, cream, sunglasses (if appropriate)
- Packed lunch, energy snacks and water bottle
- Cycle repair kit if riding your own bike
Please complete the registration form and email to Jo by 10th April.