Refer someone to us
The Blind Foundation provides support and services to people throughout New Zealand, from infancy to old age. Our clients have a range of visual impairments from low vison to blindness. We encourage you to refer patients who experience significant vision related difficulties with day-to-day tasks, even when wearing corrective lenses. We will contact the person referred to discuss their individual circumstances and how we are able to help.
There are a number of ways you can make a referral:
- Via a clinic letter, faxed, emailed or written to the Blind Foundation,
- As a copy of a letter you may have written to the person or their GP,
- Completing an Ophthalmic Referral Form (.doc),
- By calling our Registrations Team on 0800 24 33 33,
- Emailing the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Contacting one of our local offices.
All we need to know is:
- The person’s name and address,
- Their date of birth,
- Their contact details (email/phone),
- NHI number if you have it,
- Ethnicity: this is to make sure we provide the most appropriate first contact,
- Their best Corrected Visual Acuity in each eye,
- Visual field for each eye if appropriate,
- Your diagnosis for each eye,
- Their prognosis,
- Any additional info you would like to mention. This might include (but is not limited to) work difficulties, concerns about safety, involvement with ACC, or additional impairments.
Importantly, please tell us if the person knows about the referral to Blind Foundation.
If you have any questions, please call 0800 24 33 33 and ask for Registrations.