This is an opportunity for 10 members to take on leadership skills and apply them at our Children’s Summer camp 2018 as a Young Leader, in a positive peer to peer environment.
What is required of a Young Leader?
This opportunity is open for clients who are between the ages of 17 to 22.
- Ideally you have attended the Blind Foundation Youth SEED programme in the past or you are wanting to embark in Youth SEED in the future.
- Enjoy working with children aged 8-14 years
- Someone who is wanting to further their leadership skills and be given an opportunity to give back.
- Have good adaptive daily living and orientation and mobility skills.
- Will show empathy and enthusiasm and be available to support children as much as possible throughout camp.
When and Where?
Camp starts on Monday 15th January through to Friday 19th January 2018. However Young Leaders who are accepted will be required to arrive at camp a day early (Sunday 14th January 2018) to attend an evening and morning workshop around leadership.
Camp will be held at: Mi Camp, 100 Rawhira Road, Waitetoko, RD 2, Turangi 3382
Transport and Cost?
As a Young Leader/ Blind Foundation Volunteer we request that everyone makes their own way to and from Camp. However, if this is difficult an alternative option may be available – this will be arranged once accepted into the programme.
There is no cost for attending camp – however all transport costs to and from camp will be at your own expense.
So how do I apply?
Please complete and return Summer Camp – Young Leaders Rego 2017 Electronic version event registration Form (adults) and medication(if applicable) forms by no later than Friday 1st September 2017 to Latesha Sharp, Recreation and Community Advisor, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Fale Kotuku, 20 McVilly Road, Manurewa, Auckland.
For further information, please contact Latesha on 09 281 6503
Late registrations will not be considered. Numbers are limited and there is a selection process meaning not everyone who applies is guaranteed selection. All accepted Young Leaders will need to go through the Blind Foundation volunteer process prior to camp.