It’s that time again; it’s time for Blind Foundation members to start thinking about the Board Elections.
This is a key opportunity for members to have a say in who leads the organisation forward for the next three years. As a full, or governing, member of the Blind Foundation, you are eligible to vote in our annual Board Elections to elect our Board of Directors (link to Board directors info).
Call for nominations for Directors
This year, two vacancies exist for the General Seats and one vacancy for the Associates’ Seat. Information about call for nominations to stand as a director is being sent out to members on Friday 19 August 2016. If you would like to receive a nomination form, please contact the National Contact Centre on 0800 24 33 33. All completed nominations must be received at the Blind Foundation, Awhina House, Auckland by 4:00pm on Friday 16 September 2016.
Voting Pack Information
Voting Packs will be sent to voting members on 6 October 2016. The voting pack includes
- A cover letter.
- A letter from the Board Chair, Rick Hoskin, and information on expectations of Board Directors of the Blind Foundation.
- Instructions on how to vote in either print, braille, TIS or via telephone dictation voting.
- Information on each candidate standing in the election.
- The notice of the 2016 AGM.
- A proxy form for those who wish to nominate a proxy to vote on resolutions to be put to members at the AGM; and
- A freepost envelope to mail back voting forms/cards and/or proxy form.
Audio Interviews with candidates
In addition, this year’s interviews with each of the 2016 candidates will be available on the Telephone Information Services (TIS) or on audio CD. The TIS menu option will be confirmed closer to the time.
Damaged Voting Forms
If you should spoil or damage your voting forms, braille voting cards or return envelope, please contact the National Contact Centre on 0800 24 33 33 and replacements will be sent to you.
If you have any questions about the election process, or how to vote, please phone National Contact Centre on 0800 24 33 33.
Please consider all the information careful and please do cast your votes in this year’s election.
This year’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 12 November 2016 at 10.00am at the Blind Foundation Napier Office, 65 Thackaray Street, Napier 4110.
The business of the meeting is to:
- Announce the results of the election of Directors.
- Appoint the Auditor and
- Consider the Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2016.
There will be opportunities to ask questions or comment on the RNZFB’s activities and the Board’s direction. Members who do not wish to travel to Napier for the AGM may participate in either of two ways:
- If there is enough interest, we hope to organise meetings at Blind Foundation’s offices in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington that will link to the AGM via telephone.
- Alternatively, you may participate by telephone from where you are.
The Notice of the AGM will be sent out to all members with the voting pack information on 6 October 2016.
We look forward to you being part of the elections this year.