Our Library offers a range of fiction and non-fiction audio books, braille books, audio magazines and electronic texts (etexts) to adult members around the country, through a door-to-door mailbox service as well as by email and direct download. More than 50,000 items are issued each month. We also provide access to information in a variety of accessible formats.
Eligibility for library services
Keen to take advantage of our Library service?
Adults must be fully registered as Blind Foundation clients.
Children and young adults may either be registered with the Blind Foundation or enrolled with a visual or sensory resource centre.
For copyright and funding reasons, please note that the Blind Foundation is unable to sell or loan items to members of the public.
Discover the range of books available
- Available books and requesting/borrowing information.
- Browse the online library catalogue.
- Digital library services.
- New books and book reviews.
- Book genres.
- BLINK Library (our library services for children and young adults).
Find out more about the library
- Read the instructions on how to use the new DAISY digital player.
- Read the instructions on how to search the catalogue.
- Read the instructions for searching the catalogue using JAWS.
- Other sources of accessible books.