Are you up for a challenge and want to feel like you're really making a difference in people's lives? You have the opportunity to do just that.
As one of New Zealand’s most-trusted charities, Blind Foundation offers a wide range of services to our members and clients in order to empower and support them to lead independent lives.
We employ more than 270 full or part time people nation wide in a wide variety of roles. See our organisational structure to gain a better understanding of our scope of work.
Visit our careers portal to view a list of current vacancies.
Client Work Experience Programme
The Blind Foundation offers various opportunities to assist clients of our Employment Service in gaining work experience in a professional work environment that is supportive and enabling. Find out more about the Client Work Experience Programme.
- Auckland and Northland contact Chris Shepherd email@example.com
- Waikato and Bay of Plenty (includes Waikato, Coromandel, King Country, Ruapehu, Bay of Plenty, Taupo, Rotorua and Lakeland) contact Trish Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawkes Bay and Gisborne (includes Wairoa, Gisborne and Hawkes Bay) contact Lynne Hutchison email@example.com
- Wellington and Lower North Island (includes areas up to New Plymouth and Napier) contact Felicity Hutcheson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christchurch (includes mid/ north Canterbury regions) contact contact Petronella Spicer PSpicer@blindfoundation.org.nz
- Otago and Southland contact Helen Reynolds email@example.com
If you have any questions about applying for a job with the Blind Foundation, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our recruitment hotline on 09 355 6565 or 0800 24 33 33 and ask the operator for human resources.
Become a volunteer
Each year thousands of volunteers give their time, knowledge and skills to support our work with New Zealanders who are blind or have low vision. They are often the face of the Blind Foundation for our members and clients. While we may not pay for this work, our volunteers say the pride and self satisfaction that comes with volunteering is invaluable.
We're always looking for new volunteers. If you are interested, call us on 0800 24 33 33 and ask for your local Volunteer Services Coordinator, or email the relevant contact as below.